The Competition Rules for IOF Foot Orientering Events shall be applied to participation in EOC 2014.
Classes and Participation Restrictions:
• There is one class for women and one class for men. There are no age restrictions.
• Competitors representing federations of the IOF, defined by the International Olympic
• Competitors representing other full member federations of the IOF can participate in EOC but will not be eligible for European titles, medals or diplomas.
• Competitors who are representing a federation shall have full passportholding citizenship of the country of that federation.
• A competitor may represent only one federation during any one year calendar.
• There is no limit on the number of runners and officials in a team.
• In the individual events a federation may enter a maximum of 6 runners in each class.
• The current European Champion shall be given a wild card to enter the qualification in the next EOC in addition to the ordinary entries from his/her federation (in which case one starting group may have three competitors from that federation). In each individual competition, the competitors placed number 17 and better in each qualification race heat may run in the Afinal.
• In the relay a federation may enter 2 teams each consisting of 3 competitors, but only the better placed team will count in the prize list. Incomplete teams and teams with runners from more than one federation are not allowed. Under no circumstances may persons other than entered competitors participate in the competition.
Each participating Federation shall appoint a team manager to act as a contact person between the team and the organizer. It is the team manager’s duty to see that the team receives all necessary information.
Competitors participate at their own risk. Insurance against accidents is the responsibility of the Federation or the individual competitor according to national regulations.
All competitors who take part in the EOC (including Warm up and Open races) must assess any risks and take their own safety precautions, and will be totally responsible for any injuries which might occur during the races.
Entries National Teams
Entry applications including the number of female and male competitors, number of relay teams, number of team officials and the name and contact data of the team leader (including email and phone) must be submitted to the EOC’14 not later than 30th November 2013.
Final entries for Federation teams (detailing first name, surname, gender, date of birth,athlete or team official) shall reach the EOC’14 not later than 1st February 2014.
An accreditation form will be available on http://www.eoc2014.fpo.pt/ from September 2013.
For more details see EOC’14 Bulletin #2 (June 2013).
According to Portuguese Orienteering Federation competitors should wear clothing covering the whole body except for head, neck and arms. This does not apply for the sprint competitions.
There are no regulation concerning the type of footwear.
Doping is fundamentally contrary to the spirit of sport. The organizers of EOC’14 are committed to do everything required to support the official antidoping authorities in the successful and transparent realization of their work. IOF AntiDoping Code and its rules shall be in force during EOC’14.
Preliminary entry forms must be submitted until 31st December 2013. Payments must be done until 1st February 2014. Final entries must be submitted until 15th March 2014.
Consider 1st February 2014 as the deadline for payments. Participants in EOC Tour should consider the dates according to the different fees.
EOC Entry Fees
Accreditation (Athletes, coaches, team officials and IOF officials): € 100.00
|Event||Entry Fee per person (€)|
|Sprint (model + qualification + final)||80,00|
|Middle (model + qualification + final)||80,00|
|Long (model + qualification + final)||80,00|
|Relay||140 (per team)|
ETOC Entry Fees
Accreditation (Athletes, coaches, team officials and IOF officials): € 60.00
|Event||Entry Fee per person (€)|
|PreO (model + stage 1 + stage 2)||100,00|
|TempO (qualifying + final)||30,00|
EOC/ETOC and EOC Tour payments must be made to the Portuguese Orienteering
Federation by bank transfer as follows:
• Bank name: Montepio Geral (Agency: Torre da Marinha)
• BIC/SWIFT: MPIOPTPL
• IBAN: PT50.0036.0276.9910.0027.1984.3
• Bank Address: Montepio Geral Agência
da Torre da Marinha;
• Detail of payment: EOC, ETOC or Tour 2014 (according to the competition)
Rua Gil Vicente, 1 A/B Torre
A separate transfer must be done for each type of competition.
Please note that the payer is responsible for all bank fees and charges.
Entries will be accepted and confirmed after the arrival of the transfer. It will not be deemed valid until full payment has been received.
Please note that any payments for accommodation and transport should be made
Consider the entries deadline presented in this bulletin as the latest day for the entry fee payments – 1st february 2014. Participants in EOC Tour should consider the dates according to the different fees, as referred in this bulletin.